I got a pop-up virus on my PC and it’s called Gohomego.com. I am using Windows 7 with Google Chrome and I believe I got it on 5th of January this year, and I can’t take it anymore. My mother linked me to a strange site and it must have downloaded from that. How do I fix this problem?
Gohomego.com is an annoying browser redirect virus that appears on your current page all of sudden. Typically, Gohomego.com get into the system by visiting third party websites, clicking spam email attachments and downloading freeware on the Internet. The purpose of Gohomego.com is to trace users’ browsing habits and collect useful information for its designer. As a result, the criminal hackers who produce Gohomego.com can easily steal your financial details like credit card numbers, bank accounts and online passwords. Finally, you have to experience a great of property loss. Thus, if your computer has been attacked by Gohomego.com, please take measure to remove it as early as possible.
Additionally, Gohomego.com is able to complete hijack the web browsers you installed including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. While being infected, it will change your homepage to other websites that you are unfamiliar with. Besides, Gohomego.com can alter your browser settings without your knowledge. In this situation, you will always be redirected to some ad-supported links every time you start a new tab. At the same time, there will be numerous pop-up ads keep popping up on your computer screen constantly. If you want to stop the ads and save your browsers to be safe again, you should take actions to get rid of Gohomego.com immediately. Remember that the longer Gohomego.com stays on your system, the more chaos it can create.
1.Gohomego.com can penetrate into your system without any awareness;
2.Gohomego.com can replace your homepage and default search engine;
3.Gohomego.com can create many annoying pop-up ads on your current page;
4.Gohomego.com can poor your PC performance and slow your network;
5.Gohomego.com can bring other computer threats to your system;
6.Gohomego.com can monitor your online activities and help hackers to steal your financial details.
Easy Steps to Remove Gohomego.com
Step-1: Uninstall Gohomego.com and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Gohomego.com from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on Gohomego.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Gohomego.com from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Gohomego.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Gohomego.com virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Gohomego.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Gohomego.com virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Gohomego.com virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Gohomego.com still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Gohomego.com and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Gohomego.com virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Gohomego.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Gohomego.com virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.