I somehow downloaded search-privacy.net on my laptop, Windows 8 and I don’t know how to uninstall it. How can I remove it effectively? Could anyone help please? Thanks.
search-privacy.net is an adware program that can display endless pop-up ads like coupons, banners and other advertisements on your computer screen when you are surfing on the Internet. In most cases, search-privacy.net attack the well-known browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer at different Windows system. It can damage browser like Safari at Mac OS as well. How can search-privacy.net get inside your system without any notifications? Commonly, this nasty adware program can invade into your computer via several means. You can get it from the freeware or shareware downloads, visiting some sponsored websites, playing free online game and downloading the attachments of spam emails. So you should pay enough attention on any online activities because most often, some unwanted program may come along with the installation of free software.
What’s the impact of search-privacy.net?
search-privacy.net can perform many evil activities on your system. It can replace your homepage to other malicious websites and default the search engine results to other irreverent pages. In this situation, there will be various as keep reappearing when you browse online. Further, your computer will work very slowly and it takes a long time to load a new page. Sometimes, your browsers will get frozen. Moreover, the hackers, who create search-privacy.net can make full use of the data collected by this adware program to make money. In short, no one can benefit from search-privacy.net except its designer. If you want to save your money and keep a safe system again, you should take actions to remove search-privacy.net without any delay.
Harmful properties of search-privacy.net:
1. search-privacy.net can sneak into your system without any permission;
2. search-privacy.net can attack all the browsers and change the browser settings;
3. search-privacy.net can add it malicious codes and files to browsers which can create tons of frustrating adverts;
4. search-privacy.net can mislead users to visit some malicious websites that may contain other potential threats;
5. search-privacy.net can trace your browsing interests and collect your sensitive information for hackers to get illegal income.
Easy Steps to Remove search-privacy.net
Step-1: Uninstall search-privacy.net and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall search-privacy.net from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on search-privacy.net and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall search-privacy.net from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on search-privacy.net and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying search-privacy.net virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect search-privacy.net virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, search-privacy.net virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of search-privacy.net virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: search-privacy.net still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by search-privacy.net and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all search-privacy.net virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by search-privacy.net virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get search-privacy.net virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.