My default browser is Google chrome but it is always appearing Search.linkmyc.com as my homepage. How can I get rid of it and change my homepage back? Thank you.
What is Search.linkmyc.com?
Search.linkmyc.com is listed as a nasty browser hijacker that is developed to support third party websites. The most used web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and even Safari can be targeted by Search.linkmyc.com. Once inside, Search.linkmyc.com changes your browser settings and alters your default homepage without asking for your permission. After that, Search.linkmyc.com can install some malicious add-ons, toolbars and extensions to your browsers. In this situation, you browser will work super slowly and it may takes a long time to launch a new page. Besides, Search.linkmyc.com can cause redirection issue. No matter when you start a new tab, you can be redirected to Search.linkmyc.com automatically. If you mislead to use Search.linkmyc.com as a search provider, you will always receive the search results with random ads and sponsored links. Once you move your mouse on them, you will be redirected to some questionable web pages which may include various unwanted programs. If you don’t take immediate actions to remove Search.linkmyc.com, you may get your computer infected. Please remember that it is not safe to download and install any free program from the Internet. Most often, Search.linkmyc.com can be bundled with the free downloads and junk email attachments online. You should always pay close attention on any online activity. As soon as you see Search.linkmyc.com on your browser, get rid of it permanently.
Search.linkmyc.com infected Symptom:
*It can sneak into the computer without letting you know.
*It may come along with some harmful programs and potential threats.
*It can change the important settings on the system.
*It keeps popping up annoying adverts and coupons when you are browsing online.
*It can redirect you to some suspicious websites and malicious links.
*It can slow your PC performance and network speed.
*It can monitor your online activities and collect your financial details for hackers.
Easy Steps to Remove Search.linkmyc.com
Step-1: Uninstall Search.linkmyc.com and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Search.linkmyc.com from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs;
3. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
4. Right click on Search.linkmyc.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Search.linkmyc.com from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Search.linkmyc.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Search.linkmyc.com virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
(Note: Plumbytes’s free version can only help you detect viruses and malware infections on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of Plumbytes. If you no longer wish to have Plumbytes installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.)
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Search.linkmyc.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Search.linkmyc.com virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Search.linkmyc.com virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Search.linkmyc.com still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Search.linkmyc.com and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Search.linkmyc.com virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
(Note: RegCure’s free version can only help you detect PC issues, if you want to repair your Registry and optimize your system, you will need to purchase the full version of RegCure.If you no longer wish to have RegCure installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.)
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Search.linkmyc.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Search.linkmyc.com virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.