My mother’s laptop has this annoying BasicQuery.com pop-up virus. We’re trying to figure out how to remove it but we can’t make heads or tails of the removal guide. Can someone help please?
Introduction of BasicQuery.com:
BasicQuery.com is considered as a malicious website that usually affects the browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It is able to invade your computer without any approval. Once infected, it can take over all your browsers and display frustrating pop-up ads on your computer screen. Also, it may claim that your computer has been infected with many viruses and you should download their anti-virus programs or call for their service immediately. Or your computer will run into serious trouble. Please don’t trust what BasicQuery.com states. In fact, BasicQuery.com is created to support the third party companies, including hackers who aim to trick you into paying for their fake assistance.
Generally, BasicQuery.com can be bundled with the free applications that have installed online. Besides, it can come together with the spam email attachments and some suspicious links or web pages. Therefore, you should be careful enough when browse online. Once BasicQuery.com is installed on your computer, it can change your default homepage and modify your search results. Every time you start a new page, it points you to the strange websites that you don’t really want. To enjoy a clean PC, you should make further steps to get rid of BasicQuery.com right now.
1. BasicQuery.com takes complete control of your web browsers;
2. BasicQuery.com pops up annoying ads and fake alerts nowhere;
3. BasicQuery.com drops other computer threats into your system;
4. BasicQuery.com slows down your computer performance;
5. BasicQuery.com can spy your browsing activities and collect the vital information for hackers.
Easy Steps to Remove BasicQuery.com
Step-1: Uninstall BasicQuery.com and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall BasicQuery.com from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on BasicQuery.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall BasicQuery.com from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on BasicQuery.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying BasicQuery.com virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect BasicQuery.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, BasicQuery.com virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of BasicQuery.com virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: BasicQuery.com still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by BasicQuery.com and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all BasicQuery.com virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by BasicQuery.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get BasicQuery.com virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.