Hi, I have a virus on my laptop called MyShopMate and I’m not sure on how to remove it. It keeps appearing on my Google Chrome and my computer works very slow. Can you help?
Description of MyShopMate:
MyShopMate is an adware program that is developed to spread various advertisements on the web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. MyShopMate intends to gain web traffic and create revenue for the developers. Usually, MyShopMate gets into the targeted machine without asking for any approval. It may come together with some free software downloads, unreliable websites, sponsored links and junk email attachments. Once your computer has been attacked by MyShopMate, your browsers can be totally taken over. MyShopMate can not only take control of your browsers but also change some important settings of your browsers. Besides, it can add useless add-ons, plug-ins and extensions to your browsers which will make you difficult to surf on the Internet. At the same time, numerous ads may keep popping up on your current page whenever you start a new page. MyShopMate can really drive you nut if you keep it in your system for a long time. Except that, MyShopMate is able to record your online activity and collect the important data for the hackers. To avoid any further damage, you are strongly suggested to remove MyShopMate timely.
What can MyShopMate do in your system?
1. MyShopMate can penetrates into your computer secretly;
2. MyShopMate can mess up your browsers seriously;
3. MyShopMate can install malicious toolbar and extensions to your browsers;
4. MyShopMate keeps popping up on your computer screen;
5. MyShopMate may spy your online activities and send the sensitive information for the cyber criminals.
Easy Steps to Remove MyShopMate
Step-1: Uninstall MyShopMate and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall MyShopMate from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs;
3. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
4. Right click on MyShopMate and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall MyShopMate from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on MyShopMate and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step-2: Remove MyShopMate with Plumbytes Easily
1. Click the button below to download Plumbytes Free from its official website safely:
2. Double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to install Plumbytes.
3. When Plumbytes is installed, click SCAN to scan your entire computer to detect MyShopMate and other hidden PC threats.
4. Click REMOVE SELECT button to remove all detected threats once Plumbytes completes the scan.
Important Tips: With the above steps, MyShopMate virus and other malware will be removed completely, but the errors or corruptions in Registry caused by MyShopMate are still needed to be fixed and restored, which could guarantee your entire system with best performance. To fix all registry files, it’s highly recommended to run Regcure, which is top-class system optimizer able to find out and fix all system errors or bugs and maximize running speed of your PC. Follow steps below to fix the corrupted files and optimize your computer with Regcure.
Step-3: Run Regcure to fix Registry corruptions and system errors caused by MyShopMate and other PC threats.
1. Click the button below to Download Regcure from it official site safely:
2. Double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe to install it once it is downloaded.
3. Follow its instructions to finish the installation.
4. Make a system scan when Regcure is installed.
5. Click Fix All button to fix all detected errors and corruptions caused by MyShopMate.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset Chrome, Firefox and IE settings:
Reset Chrome settings
1. Click Chrome Menu button >> click Settings
2. In search box, type “reset setting” >> click “Reset settings” button:
3. Click Reset button.
(Notes: By resetting Chrome, your important personal data like Bookmarks and Passwords will not be removed. It only removes your Chrome extensions, settings, cookies, history, home page, default search engine to delete malicious files of MyShopMate virus. )
Reset Firefox settings
1. Click Firefox Menu button >> click “Open Help Menu” button >> click Troubleshooting Information button:
2. Click Refresh Firefox button >> click Finish.
Reset Internet Explorer settings
1. Open IE >> click the gear menu button, and select Internet options.
2. Click Advanced tab >> click Reset button.
MyShopMate is deemed as a severe computer threat that could mess up your entire system and even put your privacy in danger. To avoid further damage and problems, it’s best to download Plumbytes and Regcure to remove MyShopMate completely and fix all system corruptions.