I am having a virus issue. It is called OSX.Addkeysteal. I was careless and it got into my computer. I want to permanently remove it. Is there any way that I can get rid of it manually and completely? Help!
What is OSX.Addkeysteal?
OSX.Addkeysteal is a malicious application which has been listed as adware. Once gets inside your computer, it will display various pop-ups, coupons, discounts, deals and other online offers on all your browsers. OSX.Addkeysteal may claims to provide you a great online shopping experience. However, it is not really. OSX.Addkeysteal can only pop up annoying ads on your computer screen. Clearly, OSX.Addkeysteal affects the most used browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Once your computer is attacked, OSX.Addkeysteal can take over all your browsers. It can change your homepage and modify your browser settings without asking for any permission. In addition, OSX.Addkeysteal installs other malicious codes, toolbars and plug-ins to your browsers which will make all your browsers work super slow. To avoid further damage, you are strongly suggested to remove OSX.Addkeysteal timely.
Commonly, OSX.Addkeysteal targets all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista. Most often, computer users usually get OSX.Addkeysteal infected via the free software downloads online. Usually, OSX.Addkeysteal is bundled with the installation of some freeware, especially free online games. If you are not careful enough, OSX.Addkeysteal can be installed into your system silently. Besides, OSX.Addkeysteal may come together with the attachments of junk emails. So please don’t click on any spam emails. As the matter fact, OSX.Addkeysteal is created to help the third party to get extra revenue. The main goal of OSX.Addkeysteal is to attract your attention and then the hackers can get paid for every click you make. Thus if you see OSX.Addkeysteal on your browser, get rid of it timely.
The harmful impact of OSX.Addkeysteal：
1. OSX.Addkeysteal can mess up your browsers without any consent;
2. OSX.Addkeysteal keeps popping up on your computer screen;
3. OSX.Addkeysteal change your browser settings and modify the default homepage;
4. OSX.Addkeysteal adds malicious add-ons and toolbars to your browsers;
5. OSX.Addkeysteal can slow down the performance of your browsers;
6. OSX.Addkeysteal records your online activity and collects your personal data for hackers.
Easy Steps to Remove OSX.Addkeysteal
Step-1: Uninstall OSX.Addkeysteal and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall OSX.Addkeysteal from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on OSX.Addkeysteal and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall OSX.Addkeysteal from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on OSX.Addkeysteal and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying OSX.Addkeysteal virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect OSX.Addkeysteal virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, OSX.Addkeysteal virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of OSX.Addkeysteal virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: OSX.Addkeysteal still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by OSX.Addkeysteal and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all OSX.Addkeysteal virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by OSX.Addkeysteal virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get OSX.Addkeysteal virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.