My computer was infected with this Crypto888 virus. All my documents files have been encrypted and I cannot even open my images. What should I do?
What is Crypto888?
Crypto888 is a dangerous computer threats which belongs to Ransomware family. The main purpose of Crypto888 virus is to complete control the target computer system and and demand a ransom fee to its designers in order for the infection to be removed. There are several ways that Crypto888 can sneak into your system without any notice. Usually, Crypto888 is bundled with some free software or shareware. If you don’t pay enough attentions when you download some programs or games on the Internet, it will give a chance for Crypto888 to invade your system. Besides, the attachments of junk emails may contain the various unwanted programs which may include Crypto888. Further, you may get this type of infection when you visit some sponsored websites or click on malicious links. Once Crypto888 is installed on your computer, it can encrypt your files such as word, excel, RAR and ZIP. Sometimes it can lock your system and display messages on your computer screen which intend to coax victim users into paying. In brief, it is really hazardous to keep this ransomware in your system. Since you notice that your computer has been attacked by Crypto888, take actions to remove it without any delay.
Crypto888 infected features:
1.Crypto888 can attack your computer without any notifications;
2.Crypto888 can lock your system and encrypt your important files;
3.Crypto888 will take over of your computer and ask users to pay for the ransom fee.
4.Crypto888 will bring in other computer threats to your system.
Easy Steps to Remove Crypto888
Step-1: Uninstall Crypto888 and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Crypto888 from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on Crypto888 and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Crypto888 from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Crypto888 and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Crypto888 virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Crypto888 virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Crypto888 virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Crypto888 virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Crypto888 still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Crypto888 and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Crypto888 virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Crypto888 virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Crypto888 virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.