My computer has been infected with annoying pop-up virus called Win32/DownloadGuide.F . I have tried Avast and Malwarebytes but neither seems to work. How do I get rid of Win32/DownloadGuide.F permanently? Any advice would be appreciated.
What is Win32/DownloadGuide.F ?
Win32/DownloadGuide.F is a malicious pop-up virus that mainly attacks the Windows system browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It can add many harmful things like toolbar, extensions and plug-ins to the users’ browsers. Once your computer is infected with Win32/DownloadGuide.F , your default homepage will be replaced and you will always receive strange results with unstoppable ads and ad-supported links. No matter when you open new tabs, you can be redirected to strange and unsafe website. Win32/DownloadGuide.F looks like a genuine search engine for the first sight, but actually it is an advertising platform that is created to support its designers which include hackers. So you need to delete it immediately as soon as you see it on your browsers.
How can Win32/DownloadGuide.F get into my computer and what should I do?
There are various ways that Win32/DownloadGuide.F can invade into your computer without letting you know. On one hand, it can run into your system secretly when you download and install some free software like Video, Movie and other applications. On the other hand, Win32/DownloadGuide.F comes from some ad-supported websites or you may get it from the junk email attachments. Thus, you should be careful enough when you perform any online activities. You have to know that Win32/DownloadGuide.F is a nasty malware that has the ability to escape the Anti-virus program by changing its files and locations all the time. If you want to get rid of it completely, manual removal would be the best choice.
How to remove Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus manually?
Harmful Propertise of Win32/DownloadGuide.F :
1. Win32/DownloadGuide.F sneaks into the computer without any notifications;
2. Win32/DownloadGuide.F displays unwanted ads and fake alerts on the web browsers;
3. Win32/DownloadGuide.F changes the homepage and modify the default browser settings;
4. Win32/DownloadGuide.F add malicious add-ons and extensions to the browsers;
5. Win32/DownloadGuide.F can freeze your browsers and slow down your PC performance;
6. Win32/DownloadGuide.F is able to record your personal data and send them for hackers.
Easy Steps to Remove Win32/DownloadGuide.F
Step-1: Uninstall Win32/DownloadGuide.F and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Win32/DownloadGuide.F from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on Win32/DownloadGuide.F and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Win32/DownloadGuide.F from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Win32/DownloadGuide.F and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Win32/DownloadGuide.F still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Win32/DownloadGuide.F and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Win32/DownloadGuide.F virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.