I just got infected with the youmainpage.org malware and need to get it removed from my computer. I have tried resetting the browser settings but it didn’t work. How can I uninstall youmainpage.org for good? Thanks for any tips.
youmainpage.org is a third party website that suddenly appears on your web browsers when you launch a web page. If you see it on your computer, don’t hesitate and remove it immediately. In fact, youmainpage.org is an unsafe search engine that aims to take over your default homepage and display advertisements to make web traffic. youmainpage.org can attack the web browsers which include Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once your computer has been infected with youmainpage.org, you may find that your homepage has been replaced by other strange site. Besides, when you do a search on youmainpage.org, it can direct to some unknown pages. Meanwhile, endless pop-up ads keep showing up all the time.
Additionally, youmainpage.org is able to alter your browser settings without any approval. It can also add some malicious codes, plug-ins and extensions to your browsers which make you difficult to browse online. What’s worse, youmainpage.org can record your browse habits and then collect the sensitive information for the cyber criminal. If you delay to get rid of youmainpage.org, you might put your computer into high risk. To protect your computer from further damage, it is strongly recommended to eliminate youmainpage.org right now. From now on, you should be very careful with any online activities because most often, a computer infection like youmainpage.org can get into the system when you visit some suspicious websites, click on sponsored links or install some free software.
youmainpage.org Harmful Properties:
1. youmainpage.org can attack the browsers without any awareness;
2. youmainpage.org changes the homepage and modifies the default settings;
3. youmainpage.org adds harmful files to major part of the system;
4. youmainpage.org could cut off the access to the installed antivirus software;
5. youmainpage.org keeps updating all the time;
6. youmainpage.org steals your privacy and compromises your security.
Easy Steps to Remove youmainpage.org
Step-1: Uninstall youmainpage.org and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall youmainpage.org from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on youmainpage.org and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall youmainpage.org from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on youmainpage.org and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying youmainpage.org virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect youmainpage.org virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, youmainpage.org virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of youmainpage.org virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: youmainpage.org still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by youmainpage.org and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all youmainpage.org virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by youmainpage.org virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get youmainpage.org virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.