My computer has been infected with annoying pop-up virus called 855-334-5560. I have tried Avast and Malwarebytes but neither seems to work. How do I get rid of 855-334-5560 permanently? Any advice would be appreciated.
What is 855-334-5560?
855-334-5560 is a malicious pop-up virus that mainly attacks the Windows system browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It can add many harmful things like toolbar, extensions and plug-ins to the users’ browsers. Once your computer is infected with 855-334-5560, your default homepage will be replaced and you will always receive strange results with unstoppable ads and ad-supported links. No matter when you open new tabs, you can be redirected to strange and unsafe website. 855-334-5560 looks like a genuine search engine for the first sight, but actually it is an advertising platform that is created to support its designers which include hackers. So you need to delete it immediately as soon as you see it on your browsers.
How can 855-334-5560 get into my computer and what should I do?
There are various ways that 855-334-5560 can invade into your computer without letting you know. On one hand, it can run into your system secretly when you download and install some free software like Video, Movie and other applications. On the other hand, 855-334-5560 comes from some ad-supported websites or you may get it from the junk email attachments. Thus, you should be careful enough when you perform any online activities. You have to know that 855-334-5560 is a nasty malware that has the ability to escape the Anti-virus program by changing its files and locations all the time. If you want to get rid of it completely, manual removal would be the best choice.
How to remove 855-334-5560 virus manually?
Harmful Propertise of 855-334-5560:
1. 855-334-5560 sneaks into the computer without any notifications;
2. 855-334-5560 displays unwanted ads and fake alerts on the web browsers;
3. 855-334-5560 changes the homepage and modify the default browser settings;
4. 855-334-5560 add malicious add-ons and extensions to the browsers;
5. 855-334-5560 can freeze your browsers and slow down your PC performance;
6. 855-334-5560 is able to record your personal data and send them for hackers.
Easy Steps to Remove 855-334-5560
Step-1: Uninstall 855-334-5560 and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall 855-334-5560 from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
2. Click Uninstall a program under Programs;
3. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
4. Right click on 855-334-5560 and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall 855-334-5560 from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on 855-334-5560 and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying 855-334-5560 virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
(Note: Plumbytes’s free version can only help you detect viruses and malware infections on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of Plumbytes. If you no longer wish to have Plumbytes installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.)
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect 855-334-5560 virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, 855-334-5560 virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of 855-334-5560 virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: 855-334-5560 still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by 855-334-5560 and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all 855-334-5560 virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
(Note: RegCure’s free version can only help you detect PC issues, if you want to repair your Registry and optimize your system, you will need to purchase the full version of RegCure.If you no longer wish to have RegCure installed on your computer, follow these steps to uninstall it.)
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by 855-334-5560 virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get 855-334-5560 virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.