I was wondering how can I fix this problem. I am always redirected to this Online.io webpage whenever I start a new page. It is really annoying. How do I get rid of it?
Online.io is a malicious browser extension which can add itself on the browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox without computer users’ knowledge. Typically, Online.io comes from some third party web pages, spam email attachments, malicious links and free software downloads. Once your computer gets infected, your homepage will be replaced by Online.io or other unsafe website. In this case, no matter when you start a new tab, you will be redirected to other web pages that you are not interested in. Besides, it will take a long time to load a page. Thus, to prevent such situation from happening again, you are suggested to remove Online.io from your computer immediately. Please remember that when you install some program off of Internet, do not select the unknown or unwanted program.
Online.io is a questionable website that pretends to be a reliable search engine for the first time it appears on your computer screen. It provides users with the installer of the new version of Java or Flash Player. However, you don’t know that it is actually created by the cyber criminal who want to get profits. Once Online.io infiltrates into your computer, it can alter your browser settings. When you open the browser, you will be redirected to the Online.io page and it will display a fake updated program alerts on the site. Please ignore what Online.io says. If you click on the button like “install”, “update now” or “download”, many unwanted programs can get into your system silently. As a result, your computer will be taken a lot of space usage which can slow down your PC performance. In brief, it is not safe to keep Online.io in a system. To save your computer to be clean and safe again, there is no other better choice but get rid of Online.io immediately.
1. Online.io is nasty redirect pop-up virus that can attack your computer without any notice;
2. Online.io can change your homepage and show fake alerts on your screen.
3. Online.io can alter your browser settings.
4. Online.io will redirect you to some sponsored links to interrupt your Internet work.
5. Online.io may come with some additional virus.
6. Online.io violates your privacy and compromises your security.
7. Online.io makes your computer speed become slowly and sometimes might froze your system.
Easy Steps to Remove Online.io
Step-1: Uninstall Online.io and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Online.io from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on Online.io and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Online.io from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Online.io and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Online.io virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Online.io virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Online.io virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Online.io virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Online.io still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Online.io and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Online.io virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Online.io virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Online.io virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.