Does Search.shockmute.com suddenly occur on your web browsers and stop you from normal surfing on the Internet? Have your browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer been hijacked by Search.shockmute.com? Don’t know how to get rid of Search.shockmute.comcompletely? Read this post to learn more about Search.shockmute.com and remove it in an effective way.
What is Search.shockmute.com?
Search.shockmute.com is a nasty browser hijacker that is able to sneak into your system without any permission. In most cases, this type of PC threat can be installed on the browsers via freeware downloads, spam email attachments and suspicious links. After getting inside, Search.shockmute.com can completely take over your browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. In this case, Search.shockmute.com will become your start page, instead of a blank start page of your browsers. Also, Search.shockmute.com can alter your browser settings. If you want to browse online normally again, you are suggested to remove Search.shockmute.com from your system as early as you can.
Search.shockmute.com is obviously a troublesome virus that is harmful to your computer. If you allow this infection to stay longer on your system, it can perform more evil conducts to affect your system. Typically, Search.shockmute.com will not install itself into your system alone, there are many potential threats like Adware, Ransomware or Trojan horse which will be bundled with the installer of Search.shockmute.com can grasp the chance to invade into your system as well. As a result, they can eat up CPU usage and cause low memory of system. There is no doubt that Search.shockmute.com is not a safe website. You are strongly recommended to remove it as soon as possible.
Search.shockmute.com harmful properties:
1. Search.shockmute.com is able to take control of your browsers.
2. Search.shockmute.com can alert your homepage and you can’t reset it back.
3. Search.shockmute.com will redirect you to some sponsored links to interrupt your Internet work.
4. Search.shockmute.com may come with some additional virus.
5. Search.shockmute.com violates your privacy and compromises your security.
6. Search.shockmute.com makes your computer speed become slowly and sometimes might froze your system.
Easy Steps to Remove Search.shockmute.com
Step-1: Uninstall Search.shockmute.com and unwanted or suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Uninstall Search.shockmute.com from Win 8
1. Move your mouse cursor to the right edge of your screen >> select Search >> type in Control Panel and click it;
4. Right click on Search.shockmute.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Uninstall Search.shockmute.com from Win 7 / Vista
1. Click Start button >> click Control Panel >> click Uninstall a program under Programs;
2. In Programs and Features window, click Installed on to see all recent installed software;
3. Right click on Search.shockmute.com and other unwanted or unknown programs >> click Uninstall
Step 2. Scan your entire computer with Plumbytes to remove annoying Search.shockmute.com virus (this is the most important step)
Plumbytes is a powerful, real-time anti-malware application certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System and designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. Plumbytes is automatically configured to give you optimal protection with limited interaction, so all you need to do is install it for immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain Plumbytes
2. After the download is finished, double-click antimalwaresetup.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of Plumbytes.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click Scan to detect Search.shockmute.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected threats and potentially unwanted programs by clicking REMOVE SELECT button
With the above steps, Search.shockmute.com virus and other malware infections will be removed from your computer completely. In case, you still see any trace of Search.shockmute.com virus or annoying pop-up ads, Then there is only a reason: Search.shockmute.com still remains in your Windows Registry. Therefore, you have to thoroughly delete those malcodes created by Search.shockmute.com and fix those modified/corrupted files.
Step 3. Get rid of all Search.shockmute.com virus registries with RegCure
Nowadays, computer viruses become more and more powerful. They modify your Registry without seeking your approval and drop tons of malicious files to random system folders. Even you try a million times to uninstall them from control panel/browser extensions, they still stage a comeback and cause a series of problems. In such situation, you can use RegCure to clean up your Registry and fix those damaged files.
1. Click the below Download Button to obtain RegCure
2. After the download is finished, double-click RegCureProSetup_.exe and follow its instructions to to complete the installation of RegCure.
3. Once Plumbytes is successfully installed, it will automatically launch. You need to click System Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect malicious entries generated by Search.shockmute.com virus and other potential threats.
4. Remove all the detected errors, malcodes, malicious registry keys by clicking Fix All button
You can completely get Search.shockmute.com virus off by following those steps above. Hope you can solve your problem quickly and safely.